Garry Tonon No-Gi Seminar May 28th
On May 28th, Stout Training Pittsburgh – Team Renzo Gracie will be hosting a No-Gi Seminar with Garry Tonon open to both members and non-members. The seminar will run from 1-3 pm and will cover a variety of techniques that Garry has used to becoming one of the biggest names in professional grappling.
Garry Tonon is a Brazilian jiu jitsu black belt under Tom deBlass and Ricardo Almeida, having earned important medals for his team (Renzo Gracie Academy – NJ/Ocean County), including titles at the IBJJF World and Pan American Championships. Known as a No Gi specialist, Tonon earned his reputation through various accomplishments in prestigious grappling events, particularly in the submission only format such as: Metamoris,Polaris and Eddie Bravo Invitational (EBI). Garry Tonon has also worked extensively with coach John Danaher at RGA – NYC.
Garry Tonon Jiu Jitsu
Full Name: Garry Tonon
Nickname: “Lion Killer”.
Lineage: Mitsuyo Maeda > Carlos Gracie Sr. > Helio Gracie > Carlos Gracie Junior > Renzo Gracie > Ricardo Almeida (> Tom deBlass) > Garry Tonon
- World No Gi Champion (2011 & 2012 brown)
- World Champion (2008 juvenile blue)
- Pan American No Gi Champion (2010 purple absolute, 2011, 2012 brown weight & absolute, 2015 black)
- EBI WW Champion (2014, 2015)
- EBI LW Champion (2015)
- FIVE Grappling Nevada Champion – No Gi (2014 weight & absolute)
- FIVE Grappling Nevada Champion – Gi (2014)
- Metamoris Superfight Winner (2014)
- FIVE Grappling Superfight Winner (2015)
- Pan American No Gi Runner-up (2010 purple, 2015 black absolute)
- World No Gi Championship 3rd Place (2011 brown absolute, 2014 black absolute)
- Pan American No Gi 3rd Place (2011 brown absolute)
Members can sign up at the front desk, non-members can register —-> Here!!!